Cheltenham Skittles League

Executive Committee Meeting

Victory Club 21st. October  

PRESENT:

Mr A B Meadows                             Hon. Chairman

Mr. T Ballinger                                   Hon Vice Chairman

Mrs C Sheppard                                Hon Secretary

Mr. A Collins                                       Hon Treasurer

Miss T Ashfield                                  Hon Assistant Secretary

Committee Members:                   G Harris; W Harris; G Gamble; P Judge

Associate Member          `               Steve Taylor

 

APOLOGIES:

A Fulwell

 

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Agreed and signed by Chairman

 

1}            MATTERS ARISING:

None

 

2}            TREASURER’S REPORT:

 

Treasurers Report 22nd October 2016

League Accounts 2016-2017

Cheques Issued;

£          35.88         Service Point

£        180.00         Parade Print - Results Cards

£          11.30         Service Point

Monies Banked;

£         30.00          Handbook Advertising; Roger Stratford

£           3.50          Player Registrations

 

Presentation Dance Account 2016

Cheques Issued;

£         0.00            N/A

Monies Banked;

£         0.00            N/A

 

Front Pin Account 2016

Cheques Issued;

£         0.00            N/A

Monies Banked;

£   1500.00           Front Pin Sponsorship

£         30.00          Handbook Advertising; Shoot Out Club

Cheques Issued;

£         0.00            N/A

Monies Banked;

£         0.00            N/A

 

 

3}            PRESENTATION DANCE:

                FRIDAY 16TH JUNE 2017

Civil service is booked and reasons for change explained to Committee.

Committee to approach local Security firm.

 

4}            FRONT PIN:

Nothing to report.

 

5}            HON. SECS. CORRESPONDENCE:

A)         Survey – several points discussed – does your team enter front pin etc – points to be sent to Hon. Secretary so that she can draw together survey to be sent out end January with Front Pin.

B}         Several emails received from Skittler reference survey also about IT backup.  Situation needs resolving.  Copy of programme to be shared with Treasurer.

 

C}         Urgent need to discuss the position reference IT which is reason Associate Member invited to meeting.

Hon. Secretary explained the current situation. A Skittle volunteer has shadowed Dave Bloxsome, and is currently inputting the results but we need to ensure he in turn is backed up.

Associate Member advised he was willing to give it a go.   Meeting offered their gratitude.

 

6}         ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

 

A}         Webmaster advised his computer broke down but now repaired – new website on hold.  Invoice to go to Treasurer for repair work carried out.

 

B}         Hon. Secretary has last minutes to produce for the web.

 

C}         Ladies Skittle Team have player who has played 50 years – Celebration being organised.

 

D}        Copy of Tewkesbury rules given to Hon. Secretary to look at.   Query regarding no ball issue.  Hon. Secretary will report back.  (If pin comes back off back this does not count but rules need to reflect this).

 

 

7}         DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

18TH NOVEMBER 2016

 

 

Meeting closed        8.26 p.m.

 

 

Signed....................................................................................

A.      B.  MEADOWS – CHAIRMAN