Cheltenham Skittles League
Annual General Meeting – Monday September 21st
7.30pm Zoom Meeting
1. Apologies: : Mr T. Fulwell
2. Minutes of the A.G.M. 2019, previously issued.
3. Hon. Secretary’s Report Mrs Charmian Sheppard
4. Hon. Treasurer’s Report Mr Gerry Dowd
5. Adoption of Accounts Mr Gerry Dowd
6. Front Pin Report Mr Tony Meadows
7. West Midlands Front Pin – T. Ballinger.
8. Election of Officers – the meeting is asked whether the nominations could be taken overall as follows:
HON. PRESIDENT Mr Tony Coleman **
(Following the loss of Colin Stenson during this skittle season, Executive recommend
Mr Coleman, accept the vacancy)
VICE PRESIDENT Vacancy
CHAIRMAN Mr A. B. Meadows
VICE CHAIRMAN Mr T. Ballinger
HON. SECRETARY Mrs C. Sheppard
HON. ASSISTANT SECRETARY Ms. T. Ashfield.
HON. TREASURER Mr G. Dowd
COMMITTEE Mr G. Gamble, Mrs. W. Harris, Mr P. Judge,
Mr G. Harris, Mr T. Fulwell.
WEBMASTER Mr P. Judge
FRONT PIN (West Midland) Mr T. Ballinger
PRESS OFFICERS Mr A. M. Meadows & Mrs C. Sheppard
S. Taylor (Cannonball Elite) IT Team
P. Hyland (Hustlers) IT Team
G. Dowd (Fir Trees) IT Team
The IT team needs strengthening. The danger is there are no understudies shadowing them. Anyone with a keen interest in the programming aspect of the League are invited to contact the Hon. Secretary for further details.
Associate Committee Members: G. Mitchell, (Hiccups), A. Ballinger (Suffolk Family), D. Ballinger (Staverton Flyers) M. Meredith (Strollers) A. Collins (Allsports) D. Parsons
Members are reminded that they are welcome to contact Hon. Secretary with a view to becoming an Associate Committee Member any time during the Season. Associate Members come along to League Matches to assist with the running of the games. (Approval for co-opting Associate members throughout the Season was given at the 2006 AGM).
9. Teams seeking re-election: None – there are vacancies within the League.
10. Teams wishing to change their Name and retain their Divisional Status: None
11. Teams withdrawing from the League after Constitution for 2019-2020 had been set: Mens; Jets (D4) Charlton Club E (D5) Ladies : None
12. TEAMS NOT RE-REGISTERING 2020-2021 SEASON
Men’s Section ; None. Ladies Section : Smiths Ladies (DPB) Pinking Blinders (D3)
a. New Teams – There is one new team applying for Membership in the Men’s Section, (which has vacancies) to be known as Newton Sports Club
13. The Constitution i: I had hoped to propose a final constitution but in the light of the projected numbers for this AGM, the difficult circumstances surrounding skittles and Covid-19, I propose
i) Final Tables on the website will serve to enable promotions and demotions.
ii) An extraordinary General Meeting will be called in 2021 when a Constitution for 2021/2022 Season will be approved (taking into account all the circumstances applicable then).
15. Correspondence – Hon. Secretary –
Two proposals (new/changed wording shown in blue) from Pete Hyland (Hustlers & Fireplace Team) 12 May 2020
Proposed Rule C3
Current Rule C3. Each Team will play the other Teams in their Division both at Home and Away. The winning Team at each match will be awarded two points in the League Table and if the match results in a draw each team will be awarded one point. At the end of the season the Team scoring the highest number of points will be declared the Champions of their Division. If the total points awarded to Teams are equal at the end of the season a mini league will be calculated for those Teams and the points they scored when they played each other will decide their League positions. If their points are still equal then the difference between the totals of the pins scored in their matches will decide their positions. If the positions can still not be determined then a play off match will be arranged and controlled by the Executive Committee.
Proposed: If part of the season schedule is cancelled with less than half of the matches completed, no tables will be produced. Otherwise, positions in the main tables and mini leagues will be based on the average number of points earned in games played by each team. Mini league pin differences, and play-off games if needed, will be used to settle any unresolved ties.
Executive Committee response: Additional sentences to this rule :
If any part of a season schedule is forced to be cancelled, with less than half of the matches completed, no final tables will be produced.
However, if more than half the matches have been played, the Executive will determine the final placings in the main tables whilst acting in the best interests of the League.
Proposed Rule C11
C11. ALL LEAGUE MATCHES MUST BE PLAYED unless they are in an area of the schedule which has been officially cancelled. Points cannot be claimed for unfulfilled fixtures.
Executive Committee Response : Agreed.
16. Chairman’s Closing Remarks