CHELTENHAM SKITTLES LEAGUE

EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING

VICTORY CLUB 28TH JANUARY 2017

PRESENT:

Mr A B Meadows                                 Hon. Chairman

Mr. T Ballinger                                      Hon Vice Chairman

Mrs C Sheppard                                   Hon Secretary

Mr. A Collins                                         Hon Treasurer

Miss T Ashfield                                     Hon Assistant Secretary

Committee Members:                         G Harris; W Harris; G Gamble; P Judge

APOLOGIES:

A Fulwell

Associate Member              `               Steve Taylor

MINUTES OF LAST MEETING:

Agreed and signed by Chairman

1}            MATTERS ARISING:

None

2}            TREASURER’S REPORT:

Treasurers Report 27th January 2017 -

League Accounts 2016-2017

Cheques Issued;

£     1000.00          OFXP

£          27.94         Don Browning - Mementoes

£           7.20           Service Point - Photocopying

Monies Banked;

£    1389.41           Charities Cup

£       907.05          OFXP

 

Presentation Dance Account 2016

Cheques Issued;

£         0.00             N/A

Monies Banked;

£         0.00             N/A

Books Closed 31st Dec 2016. Balance = +£20.20

 

Front Pin Account 2016

Cheques Issued;

£         447.88        Slaters – Polo Tops; 2x £223.94

Monies Banked;

£         0.00             Front Pin Sponsorship

Books Closed 31st Dec 2016. Balance = +£104.76

3}            PRESENTATION DANCE FRIDAY 16TH JUNE 2017:

Cost of hire is £495 plus VAT.   Disco £140.  Security we need two people cost to be advised.   Total personage is 380 maximum including committee.    Treasure to calculate figures so that we can decide ticket price.

 

4}            FRONT PIN:

Chairman contacted Andrew Scott ~Area Manager Heineken and monies are in place and he wishes to be involved.

 

Hon. Assistant Secretary requested James Hopkins to attend for raffle and receive proceeds and this was agreed.

 

5}            HON. SECS. CORRESPONDENCE:

 

A}            Bayshill/food/visiting teams

 

Hon.Secretary wrote to both teams requesting explanation. Opposition were further advised of the no external food going into the Prince of Wales.   Reply was read to meeting.    Home Team replied and letter read to meeting.  Hon. Secretary to reply to Bayshill.    Also will draft something for website and facebook in that teams must ask permission to take food into establishments.

 

B}            Discipline Matter 2 ladies Teams.

 

Further information offered confirming the argument was over the ball hitting the side rather than the pins.   ~Hon. Secretary will draft new letter to both teams.

 

C}            Survey

Hon. Secretary will create Survey and email to executive for approval.

6}         ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

 

A}            Bishops Cleeve Football Club – request for meeting

Chairman called in to Football Club to discuss new alley which would be about the same length as the Bayshill.

Committee raised concerns about health and safety in length of alley.   To be followed up.

 

7}            DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

24th February 2017

Meeting closed        8.45 p.m.

Signed....................................................................................

A.       B.  MEADOWS – CHAIRMAN